The recent and latest career option available today is MCA. Now the market is offering lots of job opportunities for whom who have acquired MCA degree from a reputed institute. There is a wide scope for MCA in Government as well as Private sector. Commonly students get confused which path to follow – whether to go for Software Engineering or Web Development or in Hardware and Networking? to know MCA better let’s have a glance over MCA …
What is MCA?
MCA (Master In Computer Applications) is a three-year Professional Master Degree programme in Computer Science. To equip students with the latest technologies, tools and applications in IT and to meet the ever-growing requirement of IT professionals is the primary objective behind MCA. Financial Management, Accounting, Mathematics, Programming Languages like C, Java, ASP .Net, Web Development, Database Management System and so on that MCA students need to study. …
Scope for MCA: Major Sectors Employing MCA
MCA post graduates are hired both by Government agencies NTPC, GAIL, BHEL, etc and private IT companies like Accenture, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Cognizant, IBM, American Express, HCL, HP and so on. As a fresher, an MCA professional can expect anything around 2.4 to 3.4 lakhs, and with experience, sky is the limit! With some years of experience, a Software Engineer can become a Lead, an Analyst, a Project Manager, a General Manager and so on. Companies give few weeks of training to MCA students before they get started on LIVE projects. They need to work in different roles and areas in the beginning and then gradually specialize in a specific field.
After getting an MCA degree, one can enter any of the following roles:
- Software Developer/Programmer/Engineer
- Web Designer and Developer
- System Analyst
- Software Application Architect
- Cyber Security
- Data Base Administration.
- Banking Sector
- Railway Board
Saraswati College- MCA Dept. - at a Glance
Infrastructure for Academic Excellence
- Six Classrooms with LCD projectors and e-learning facilities for state of the art teaching learning process.
- 120 high end computers in four computer labs for excellence in practical’s, mini projects.
- Two Seminar Halls to support Guest Lectures, Workshops, Soft skill and Aptitude activities.
- Digital Library with the collection of more than 3000 books for enhancing your mental ability.
Eligibility for MCA
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate Level.
- Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination.
Admissions through CET only so watchout for CET dates.
Available Seats at Saraswati College
Beyond Syllabus for Better Placement
- Mini and Major projects from first semester onwards
- Certification Courses on emerging Technologies can be completed in these Labs.
- Students in Consultation with IT Companies can complete their Final Semester Live Project in the Nebulla Labs.
Amenities for Personality Development
- 24 x 7 with Wi-Fi connectivity @ 10 Mbps speed.
- Language lab for improving English Communication Skills.
- Soft Skills Session for the development of personality.
- Gymnasium, Indoor and Outdoor Games for all round development.
Scholarships Available Financial Aid
- 50% Scholarships (If any) to OBC students by Social Welfare Department for students applying through CAP round.
- 100% Scholarships to (If any) SC/ST /VJNT/SBC Students by Social Welfare Department for students applying through CAP round.
- 50% EBC (Economic Backward Class) Scholarships (If any) by D.T.E. applying through CAP round.
- Minority Scholarship (If any) (Central Govt. - 30,000/-, State Govt. 25,000/-).
Financial Aid Available
This facility is available for students not claiming any other scholarship.
- 100% Bank Loan for Tuition Fee and other expenses.
- 100% relaxation in College Tuition fee for University Toppers
- 25% relaxation in College Tuition Fee for Students with 75% and above in Graduation.